Love Your Numbers
Your ‘numbers’ are the inputs and outputs of time and resources that determine whether your business survives or thrives. If you are not aware of your numbers, you limit your power to change them to what you want them to be. When you love your numbers, you:
- Feel empowered with an accurate assessment of your business’ livelihood
- Are more likely to meet your financial targets
- Can determine how you spend your time and money
Having numerical targets is important because you instantly have a benchmark for your own results. There are general, industry-standard benchmarks which are useful, but ultimately you are only measuring up to your own targets. Some of your key numbers include:
- Revenue targets
- Income & expenses
- Budgets for projected expenses
- Time investment
- Marketing targets
Remember, as with all numbers, the aim is not to be ruled by them, but to be empowered by having them in your awareness. The first step is to have your numbers in mind and play with different scenarios. The second step is to take action based on your intuition about what those numbers tell you.
3 Keys To Loving Your Numbers
There are three key elements to loving your numbers:
- Your Revenue – “What is your revenue target & what will it take to get there?”
- Your Lifestyle – “How much time do you want to spend working in your business?”
- Your Expenses – “How much do you need to budget for upfront & ongoing expenses?”
Plan Your Funnel
Your marketing funnel is the most practical, efficient way of attracting and keeping the attention of your tribe long enough for them to want to buy from you. Without a funnel, you waste time and money and your clients struggle to make the decision to buy from you, even if they have a genuine need for your services. When you have a well-planned funnel, you:
- Leverage your marketing budget and your time
- Make it easy for your tribe to take logical steps towards a purchase
- Pre-sell your offer to make the selling process effortless
The secret to an effective marketing funnel is to make sure you create all stages of the funnel and make them link together seamlessly. There are four stages to your funnel:
CHANNEL– Where does your tribe hangout & spend money?
TASTER – What can you offer them that will get them low-risk, high-impact results quickly?
HOOK – What will connect them with the pain of their biggest problem?
LOOP – How will you maintain contact with them after they have bought from you?
As well as creating high value at each step, the aim is to have the infrastructure of your funnel automated online and offline as much as possible to leverage your time and money. We will cover this in more detail later in the program.
3 Keys To Planning Your Funnel
There are three key elements to begin planning your funnel:
- Your Channels – “Where will you find your tribe?”
- Your Ads – “How will you attract the attention of your tribe through your channels?”
- Your Network – “Who do you already know who is in your tribe?”
Action Steps For This Week
Complete the following actions in Google Docs in preparation for your call this week:
- Your Budget
- Your Numbers
- Your Channels
- Your Ads
- Your Images
- Your Network
Now that we’re into writing lots of content, we need to make sure we optimise our time together. Please make sure you list your top 3 questions for me so that we can laser focus your session on what you need help with most.