I observed both ordinary and extraordinary business owners to see what each was doing differently. And I learned through trial and error in my own business. Consistently, there are things that work and things that don’t.
There are SO MANY entrepreneurs who are not overly successful OR unsuccessful. They are getting by, yet their mindset holds them back from being, doing and having SO MUCH MORE.
First let’s look at what keeps business owners stuck at ordinary.
The Ordinary Entrepreneur Mindset
Here’s what creates the ‘ordinary’ entrepreneur mindset:
1. They Aren’t Prepared To Do What Is Actually Required To Get Them What They Want – There is a lot you need to face, change and let go of to be a star in business…old beliefs, fear of taking risks, vulnerability, security, money… and it doesn’t end. They simply aren’t prepared to do what it takes to have what they want.
2. They Don’t Believe In Themselves – It’s a big deal to believe in your dreams, that you are worthy, that they ARE possible. And it’s an even bigger deal to believe that YOU are the only person that can create your dream life. ‘Ordinary’ entrepreneurs only believe in themselves and their dreams to a certain extent. They believe in ordinary success.
3. They Put Money First – Yep… money money money usually creeps in and steals the show. When people really want something and they say they can’t because of money, are living in FEAR, allowing money to control them.
4. They Wait Until They Are ‘Ready’ – They think there is a perfect time for them to take the next step: ‘I’ll do that when I have done this’. If you find yourself saying this, it’s usually fear of failure, that you will reduce your chance of failing by having everything perfectly in alignment before you take the next leap! Guess what, you will never be ‘ready’!
5. They Think They Need MORE Knowledge To Take The Next Step – They keep studying, and taking more courses without realizing that what’s driving them is the belief that they need MORE to be successful. When it becomes a pattern, this is really just self-doubt in disguise.
6. They Do It Alone – They limit their level and speed of success because they think they should be able to do it themselves. They lose momentum trying to be an expert at everything – marketing, social media, finances, administration, AS WELL AS their craft. And they often try to figure it out on their own DIY-style, rather than engage help.
Do you identify with any of these traits?
Are you ready to take the leap from ordinary to extraordinary?
The Extraordinary Entrepreneur Mindset
Here’s what extraordinary entrepreneurs have that makes them a cut above the rest:
1. They Take Intuitive Risks – No successful business owner has done it without taking a risk, in other words, putting something on the line for a greater gain. Extraordinary entrepreneurs know WHEN to take risks and WHICH risks to take to get their desired result – and they let their intuition rather than just their intellect guide them.
2. They Believe In Themselves – They have an un-limiting mindset, a ‘can-do’ attitude and are able to recognize and breakthrough any mental or emotional obstacle that arises. They refuse to buy into their fears.
3. They Are Idealists & Realists – They know that it takes real, hard work to achieve an ideal outcome. They know how to balance their ideals and the practical steps that it takes to make it real.
4. They Know Money Is Secondary – They don’t let money stand in the way of the outcome they want. They put the outcome first and the financial expense second.
5. Their Passion Drives Them – There is no mistaking a passionate entrepreneur on a mission. They not only love what they do, they have a purpose behind what they do and they know how to channel their energy so they never burn out.
6. They Are Collaborators – They work well with people towards a shared outcome, whether it’s with mentors, colleagues, or clients. They know that in order to get where they want to go, they need the help of others and they know how to keep them engaged and ‘on-side’.
Put these 6 pillars together and you have the makings of an extraordinary person, let alone entrepreneur!
Will you choose to be ordinary or extraordinary?
It helps to have help…
I specialise in connecting people with themselves so they can clearly identify their soul gifts and monetize them through business. Find out more about my Sacred Business Blueprint program here.