3 Keys To Creating A Sacred Business
Business can be done in many ways, with the ultimate aim of building wealth and contributing something of value to society.
But what makes business sacred?
The word ‘sacred’ means to be cherished, respected and dedicated to a higher purpose.
Sacred business asks the question, ‘why are we in business?’
What is the greater purpose of generating money? Where does it lead us? How does it feed us beyond the food in our mouths while we are alive?
What IS sacred about business?
Two things are sacred in life: human beings and the earth, including the animal and the plant kingdoms. If we don’t value these things, we as a species will eventually die out. Without each other and without the natural world to sustain us, we can’t survive.
An awakened species cherishes people and the planet with gratitude.
Sacred business is founded on these main principles:
- Regenerating the earth & our natural resources
- Valuing each human being as important and unique
- Funnelling financial wealth into activities that support the above principles
1. Flowing With The Natural Cycles
A business is a creation, just like the creation of a baby: It begins with a seed, which is nurtured to full growth, and sustained into the long-term. Any divine creation follows a natural cycle of creation.
Sacred business honours the natural cycles that govern our bodies and the planet. We often forget the cycles that we live by without choice. These cycles are key to the survival of the planet. Without them, growth would be unsustainable and we would perish.
Cycles essentially follow periods of up-time and down-time. They allow us to accelerate our growth and then slow our growth to regenerate for the next growth cycle. All cycles follow this pattern in their own way…
- Seasonal cycles – Summer, Autumn, Winter & Spring
- Lunar cycles – Full Moon, New Moon, First Quarter, Last Quarter Moon
- Astrological cycles – The 12 Signs of the Zodiac
When a business consciously follows these natural cycles, it is synchronized with ‘earth time’. In other words, it is consolidating it foundations as it grows, so it can sustain itself over time, in the face of internal and external environmental changes.
Applying natural cycles in business allows us to:
- Create a business that has solid foundations & can sustain itself into the long-term
- Have maximum impact & create lasting change due to embedding new processes incrementally at the optimal times
- Remain responsive to a changing environment
2. Contributing Your Uniqueness
Each person has a unique sacred gift that is designed to contribute to the evolution of humanity and the planet. In order for this gift to be fully expressed, we must learn to embody it and find a vehicle that makes it accessible to the people who need it.
Business is a brilliant vehicle for expressing our soul gifts, as it allows us to have full creative expression and have a meaningful impact on the lives of many people over our lifetimes.
There are specific types of gifts, which combined with your unique life experience and acquired skills, form a unique soul blueprint that can be employed to create a successful business.
Every business contributes something to society. The extent of this contribution depends on how ‘awakened’ each business person’s gift is. When a person’s gift is being fully expressed, they become a magnet for clients and customers.
When we employ our gifts in business, we:
- Use our energy most efficiently, working ‘in flow’ with our natural abilities & avoiding burnout
- More effortlessly attract new clients & reduce our marketing expense
- Position ourselves as leaders in our market doing what we do best
3. Generating True Abundance
True abundance acknowledges the true meaning of abundance and that abundance comes in many forms, not just money.
True abundance is:
- Air that is high in oxygen
- Water that is clean
- Food that is high in nutrients
- A body that is healthy
- People who exchange love unconditionally
- Animals that roam freely
- Money that fosters all of the above
Money can’t BUY all of these things, but it can be used to encourage their growth. This is the true value of money in our society. It can contribute to a more abundant world now and in the future.
Deep down, every human being has a longing for true abundance. It is the essence of our own creation, we wouldn’t be here without a planet and people who give unconditionally.
The more money that sacred businesses generate, the more money is ‘redirected’ to empower people and projects that support the creation of true abundance.
Money makes things happen. And in the right hands, it can make a lot of good happen. Wealth can be used to support sustainable energy sources, environmental cleanups, purchase of bio-diverse land, empowering small communities with clean and sustainable income generation, campaigning against toxic waste and so much more.
When we build a business that generates true abundance, we:
- Use money as an enabler for greater on-the ground impact
- Fulfill a deeper spiritual need to contribute to the positive evolution of the planet
- Allow greater monetary abundance to flow to and through us as we give and receive freely
Consider how creatures in the natural world adapt to their environments to survive, then learn from them” ~ Steve Parish